Sunday, January 17, 2010

This weekend...

So this weekend was pretty uneventful, but I really enjoyed it after my first week of work. I picked the kids up early on Friday from daycare and Breckyn had a 100.1 degree fever. She's been sneezing and has a cough and runny nose. I figure it's a cold and the best I can do for her is suck the mucus out of her nose and sit her by the humidifier. It's sad that she gets sick just a week after starting daycare. Go figure. Her fever went away Saturday night and now she's left with the runny nose and cough. She's doing well though and acting just fine. We'll be keeping an eye on her the next couple of days. If she gets worse we'll definitely be heading to the pediatrician. Good news is her rash on her face is completely gone and her skin is cleared up! Guess we'll stick with soy-based formula.
Ashlyn got her hair cut on Saturday. It was much needed and looks really cute! The lady cut it to her shoulders, still long enough to pull back in a pony tail if she wants. Ashlyn did good and sat really still while she cut it. She didn't like it so much when her hair hung in her face and she would have to scratch her nose.

Feeding Breckyn her bottle before we left to get her hair cut.

My hair is shorter!

Ashlyn got to paint daddy's toe nails over the weekend. She painted them a pretty purple. She absolutely loved it! We had to stuff cotton balls in between daddy's toes as they tend to NOT spread out! He just sat and watched television. I tried to get him to let Ashlyn put make-up on him but he wasn't having any of that. :) Ashlyn also has been working on writing her letters. She's getting really good at it. We're trying to get her ready for Kindergarten as I will be enrolling her in the elementary school I work at in Bentonville Feb. 8th. It's called R.E. Baker Elementary and people say it's the best elementary school in Bentonville. It will be nice to have her there with me. She's looking forward to Kindergarten!

Notice the cotton balls between his toes!


She was being very careful, took her about 30 minutes!

1 comment:

  1. That's too funny!!! I can't wait till Phoebe wants to do that to Mark.
    Glad Breckyn's rash is gone!

    ReplyDelete