Saturday, October 9, 2010

Update on Us

First we'd like to give a couple of shout outs, to are beautiful niece, Phoebe, for her 3rd birthday yesterday! Happy birthday! We love you lots! And to Ron, Happy birthday! Hope you enjoyed your day today! I won't say how old you are :) Wish we could have celebrated with you guys this weekend in St. Louis.

I'm proud to announce that Ronnie and I had our 4th anniversary on Oct. 7th. We didn't do anything spectacular, but that's okay because we had just as much fun at home with our kids.

Breckyn: Breckyn had her what was suppose to be 9 month check-up at the doctor yesterday, however we were a little late since she is now 10 months old. I hate to sound whiny, but it was pretty much an awful experience. Breckyn strongly dislikes going to the doctor and cried and screamed much of the time while nurses were commenting on how loud she is. After she was weighed (without her diaper) she decided to pee on me while I was holding her with her front to me. I finally got her calmed down after that only to have the doctor come in and mess with her a little bit more so then the screaming and crying proceeded. Here's the funny thing, she didn't cry, make a sound, or even flinch when the nurse gave her the flu shot! I was expecting the worst!! By then I was so flustered and it was time for Ashlyn to get her flu shot. She was very non compliant and terrified. She hid behind me, screamed NO! NO! NO! and finally the nurse and I had to pin her down on the table as she was kicking the nurse. So needless to say, it was quite an interesting experience but glad we got it all done. Breckyn now weighs 21 lbs, 6 oz. and is 30'/4" long. 76% in weight and 97% in height. So she is growing well! She is crawling all over the place, starting to wave, claps, is standing up in her crib, and loves to cruise around in her walker.

Ashlyn: Ashlyn is continuing to do well at school, getting green stars everyday. She loves going to school and is having fun making friends. This morning while eating breakfast Ashlyn says, "I'm tired of this tooth growing behind my other tooth!" We were shocked to find her permanent tooth growing behind her baby tooth on the bottom of her mouth. We discovered her baby tooth was loose, so the tooth fairy may be visiting our house sometime in the near future. Ashlyn is excited about her 6th birthday coming up soon and can't stop talking about it. I can't believe she will be that old already.

Today we went to a puppet festival at a park in Fayetteville. It was fun to watch them put on puppet shows and listen to some folk music. Ashlyn enjoyed it and Breckyn rocked back and forth in her stroller while they sang. There was a beautiful castle in the park as well, so we took lots of pictures around it. Here are some pictures from today as well as from the last few weeks.

Pictures at the park.














Breckyn standing up in her crib.




How much wood could a baby chuck chuck if a baby chuck could chuck wood? Breckyn likes to chew on her crib and has pretty much ruined the wood. I'm hoping we can fix the teeth marks on her bed.


Playing with Ashlyn. Ashlyn was singing in her microphone to Breckyn one day.




Breckyn standing up, looking out the window.



No comments:

Post a Comment