Today was Ashlyn's first day of kindergarten. I can't believe this day has finally come. Most of August Ronnie, I, and Ashlyn have been anticipating this day. I have been having lots of anxiety for her, of course. Worrying how she would do on her first day of school, if other children in her class would be nice to her, if she could find her way around. Luckily, Ashlyn put my worries to rest today when she told me she had "the best day ever!" Wow, the best day ever? I was certainly surprised it went so well, but apart of me knew she would do great on her own. She's always been so independent. We took her to school around 7:00 a.m. and made it in to her classroom by 7:15. The parking lot was crazy as parents were looking for parking spots so they could also take their children to their classrooms. Ashlyn was welcomed right away by her teacher and handed a coloring page to color while she waited on class to start. We sat her down at her table, took a couple of pictures, gave her lots of hugs and kisses and said our goodbyes. As we were walking away she ran up to me and said "Mommy, I don't want you to leave." That's when I had to hold myself together and reassure her she would be just fine and have lots of fun, just like in preschool. She willingly walked back to her chair and said "goodbye" and we made ourselves walk out the door. Ronnie and Breckyn went home and I went to work, all the while waiting to hear how her day went! Happy to hear her day was AWESOME and that she couldn't wait to go back to school. She said they were so busy all day that they only had time for a 5 minute nap. She walked around with her class to tour the school, spent lots of time in the library reading books with the librarian, and spent time getting to know her classmates. One thing I was worried about was lunch, but she reassured me she ate her peanut butter and jelly sandwich. So relieved and happy this day is over, knowing she enjoyed her first day of school. Here are some pictures of her first day at kindergarten.
Ashlyn with her little sis.


Mommy and Daddy making her pose with her backpack.



Standing in front of her school.

In her classroom getting ready to color and say goodbye to mom, dad, and Breckyn.


Some other great moments we've captured over the last two weeks...
Ashlyn being an "old lady".

Ashlyn feeding Breckyn.

Bath time with Breckyn.

She likes to drink out of the faucet!



Ronnie thought it would be funny to get a picture of her chubby little bottom. Future blackmail?

Breckyn playing on the floor with Lola.


love your blog, alopecia! The girls are getting so big...Ashlyn looks like she could be a third grader!
ReplyDeletelove ya!
-Sean