Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!



This weekend Ashlyn and Breckyn spent Saturday night with Grandma Rhonda and Pepa and Mommy and Daddy had a date! I think the kids enjoyed their time away from us, as Ashlyn has been VERY bored at home. We enjoyed spending the evening together, eating some good food and listening to some live entertainment. But we were so happy to have our kids back home with us today to celebrate Valentines day. We missed them! Ashlyn got to open her Valentines day gift from Mom and Dad. She got a cool glow stick and lots of candy! Breckyn got lots of hugs and kisses.


Ashlyn's "I Love.." project: Ashlyn colored several heart shapes and then I wrote down things, people or activities that she "loves." Here are some we wrote down:

I love...

Mom and Dad
Breckyn
Grandparents
Lola
Reading books to Breckyn
Going to "school"
Candy
Playing outside
Going on walks
Helping mommy clean


As I was writing and listening to Ashlyn it made me realize how simple her list was. If only we realized how wonderful life is through the simple things everyday.



Ashlyn mentioned in her "I Love.." project that she likes to read to Breckyn. We snapped a few pictures of her reading to Breckyn her "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" book. Ashlyn has the book memorized, so she felt pretty special reading to her sister. When Breckyn gets a little older, I know she'll appreciate it more. One of my favorite things when I was little was when my sister would read to me. :)



And finally, here are a couple more pictures of the girls...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, they are really starting to look a lot alike. Especially in that valentines day pic!!
    great pics!!

    ReplyDelete